Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
In this month’s Wrong, But Useful, we’re joined by @televisionduck, who is TD Dang in real life. We discuss:
- Chalkdust Issue 09 Fun spring cover with Harris spiral, Horoscope is back!, New academic webpage checklist (c.f. Colin’s old webpage, @standupmaths interview, top ten regulars, etc. Write for them!
- Talkdust, second best podcast: it’s about maths, puzzles, making the magazine, interviews.
- Number of the podcast: 42. Sums of cubes and open questions
- Pi day
- Apologies about audio last time. Dave’s fault.
- Superpermutations and Humble Pi
- Balancing pi on a beam
- One weird trick to deal with percentages
- The Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering for 2019 has been awarded to engineers Bradford Parkinson, James Spilker, Hugo Fruehauf and Richard Schwartz for their foundational contributions to the creation of GPS. The prize, worth £1,000,000, celebrates the global impact of engineering on humanity.
- Sumaze Primary, L; Martello Towers; Bloxors
- Dave is wrong about LaTeX